Interactive and engaging History lesson plans
Civil War For Kids
Resources To Teach Kids About The American Civil War
The Debate Over Slavery
Chapter 15 Section 1
In this section, kids will learn about how new lands would ignite conflicts over slavery again in the United States. Sectionalism is the concept of self interest in different sections of the country being different. The Compromise of 1850would calm the storm briefly, but the momentum against slavery in the North was stoked by writings such as Uncle Tom's Cabin.
a. This site allows kids to study different aspects of the American Civil War: Civil War History by State, Civil War Soldiers and Military Organization, States Rights and Secession, Causes of the Civil War, Civil War Weapons & Technology, Slavery, Abraham Lincoln, Union & Confederate Warfare, Reconstruction, Casualties & Killed, Turning Points.
3. A History of Illinois In The Civil War
4. The Civil War: A Film by Ken Burns PBS
5. The History Channel.com: The American Civil War
6. Civil War and Reconstruction
7. Son of the South: Civil War Links
8. The Civil War Home Page
9. Medicine In The American Civil War